Fifth Annual Spanish Writing Poetry Contest Honoring Mothers
This contest is open to students in South Central PA and Berks County according to the following grade levels:
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12
III. Undergraduates in colleges and universities
Prizes will be awarded to the three best poems selected from each of the above divisions. Winners will be notified the first week of April 2018.
Poetry Writing Contest Rules:
In order for your poem to qualify, it must follow these rules:
- The poem must be an original and individual creation of the participant and must be written in Spanish. Any poetic form, including free verse, is acceptable. The theme is “Honoring Mothers”.
- The poem must be submitted as a word document. The poem must not exceed one page (8.5 x 11) and must be typed in the 12 point Times New Roman font.
- The poem must not contain any adornments or decorations.
- The title of the poem must be written at the top of the poem.
- At the bottom of the poem, the following information about the participant must be included:
- First and last name
- Grade level and name of school
- Email address and telephone number for notification purposes
- Only one entry per person allowed.
- Only poems written according to the theme of the contest will be considered.
Deadline: The poem must be submitted on or before 12 NOON, Fri. March 30, 2018. No late entries accepted. Email the poem as a word document to:
Selection of winners: The poems will be judged based on originality, creativity and artistic quality. Poems exceeding the maximum length will be disqualified. Poems containing foul language, vulgarities, and/or offensive material will be disqualified.
Decisions: The panel of judges is made up of educators, writers and community leaders. All decisions made by the judges are final.
Entry Fees: There are no entry fees for the contest. There are no fees or financial obligations for participating in or winning the contest.